Pages

2.26.2007

A Cutting Edge Post

I don't remember exactly where I saw this game done before. I was going to link to it, but then I started looking for it and frankly so many blogs have done this at this point that I honestly don't know who to give credit to. So suffice it to say this is not an original idea and am lazy copier blogger.

Moving on.

Following are eleven occurrences in my life that all happened (it's true!) except for one (is dirty lie!). Can you guess which one is a lie?

1. I was once approached at a bar in San Francisco by Cuba Gooding Jr.'s bodyguards during the shooting of As Good As It Gets and was told that my presence was requested by Cuba and his entourage.

2. I once reported a car driving in front of me that was on an Amber Alert and maybe saved a kidnapped child.

3. I once ditched an entire Analytic Philosophy course in college, then showed up for the Final and aced it.

4. I once was pulled up on stage by LL. Cool J during a concert.

5. My nose is currently broken.

6. Dean Cain hit on me at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas.

7. My aunt had Post Partum Depression and jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge.

8. I bought my mom a $5,000 sapphire ring when her cat died.

9. I once was a Christian missionary in Utah and was chased by a rifle-toting polygamist.

10. I once got into a drunken political argument with Adam Duritz at The House of Blues in L.A. and then accused him of having an affair with Monica Potter.

11. I once threw a party and no one came.

Guess in the comments and I'll come back and provide the juicy details on all the true statements! There will be a prize! Of some sort!

40 comments:

Michelle said...

OOOH! De-lurking because this sounds like fun, in a therapy-requiring kind of way. I'm going to guess you didn't OD on cocaine and have a heart attack. Even though it's probably too obvious.

Butrfly4404 said...

Ooh, ooh, I'm first!

I guess #9.

They're all extraordinary, but you just don't seem like a coke girl.

jes said...

I'm going to guess the Christian missionary thing, because: wha? I think the polygamists are too much in hiding to chase people around with rifles.

What did I win?

Butrfly4404 said...

Damn, I WAS first!! Stupid slow Blogger.

;)

reluctant housewife said...

You saved a child! Awesome!

My guess is #9.

Michelle Smiles said...

Holy crap there are some interesting stories there!
I'll guess #7 but several don't sound very plausible.

Lena said...

I promise you. I am a very honest girl. Everything I wrote is embarrassingly true. Except one.

Also? Without giving anything away, I've had some VERY interesting experiences in an otherwise very ordinary life.

Nancy said...

Hmm, I am guessing #8.

But I am probably wrong.

You certainly HAVE had an interesting life.

Jennifer said...

I'm guessing #10. It's too, uh, weird. Not that I really think your a coke head or anything...

Amanda said...

My guess is #2

Melissa said...

I'm guessing number five. Don't know why, but it calls to me for some reason.

Did I win? Is it a pony?

Karen said...

WOW!! I'm going to guess #9. You have definitely lived a pretty adventurous (sp?) life! Can't wait to hear all the dirty little details!!

mamatulip said...

Number twelve, girl, because I just can't believe that YOU threw a party and that NOBODY came. I mean like, come on. LENA'S throwing a party and NOBODY COMES? Nah.

Beth_C said...

I am going to guess #12. Any party you give would have to be SRO...especially if 11 of these are true!

I can't wait to hear more details!!!

Mrs. Davis said...

I'm going out on a limb and guessing #4.

Kristin said...

#10

Totally, number 10.

Kristin said...

Ok, or #9... that's a good possibility.

I think I need to play this game...

Bobealia... said...

Number 12 is the lie.

Mrs. Chicky said...

I have no idea which one isn't true, but I'm totally hot for you right now. Is that wrong? ;)

I'm going to guess #9.

Charli said...

I am guessing the coke thing isn't right. The polygamist thing in Utah is actually believable, jes- they are a lot in Utah- they aren't really Mormons (real ones, like ME, don't practice or preach polygamy) but they say they are or reformed, or whatever.

Heather said...

#8

I am officially intrigued.

Lori L. said...

I'm really hoping the coke/heart attack one is the dirty lie - though quite a few of the others seem pretty fantastical as well. Actually, the fact that even just one of those things is true is kinda crazy.

Vaguely Urban said...

Take away any one of those and you still have a life infinity times more interesting than mine. And you're younger than me, too. Beyotch.

So given all that intrigue, I'm saying there's no way you ever threw a party without tons of guests.

Delton said...

I'm voting that #10 is the lie.

Lee said...

I say #3.

Frema said...

My first instinct is to say number nine, but number eight also sounds fishy. If it's true, that must've been some cat!

Kim said...

OMG! I would die if LL Cool J pulled me up on stage!! Awesome!
Or did he? Hmmm...

I'll guess that the cocaine thing isn't true.

Michelle S. said...

I guess #9

jen said...

wow, this is really, really tough but I'll go with #5. Just cuz.

Tho I can't imagine many of these happening to you.

Marcia said...

My guess is that your nose is not currently broken. And dude, your life is so much cooler than mine.

Kristin said...

I'm going to go with Amanda and say #2, only because it's a secret wish of mine that that will someday happen to me!

Anonymous said...

okay, I have to say that #10 cannot be real. But maybe also that coke/heart attack thing. Pooh. I'll even share the prize if you want to pretend with me that I'm a genius guesser here. ;) Thanks!

Schnozz said...

Um, bad news: My cat died.

*waits expectantly*

Kate said...

Most intriguing post, EVER. I'm going to jump on the #9 bandwagon.

Sandra said...

I am LOVING this list ... whoa.

I am guessing #9 too.

ali said...

#7

i can't wait to hear the stories behind all these truths!! you have had one crazy life!

Anonymous said...

oh my. i have no idea which one is a dirty lie...but regardless, i am so not cool enough to ever be your friend.

GoPackGo said...

Oh wow, I'd have to say #9. MJ

Andrea said...

My guess is #7 just because it PPD is in the news right now.

Aldara said...

#8 is my guess!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.