Pages

1.01.2007

Coming Home

When I was offered the writing job at Club Mom I was thrilled. I had only been blogging for four months and was blown away that I could actually get paid to do what I loved. They requested that I shut down my personal blog and transfer my archives over to my new blog on their site. And for some reason I agreed. I thought that if my new readers saw that I had a history of writing that they would be more confident in me as a writer. Or something. Whatever I thought, it was the wrong move.

As much as I love being paid to write and still consider it a blessing that I get a paycheck for my babbling, the reality of not owning what I write has been a rude awakening. How could I divulge things like this and this and not own it? How could I put something like this out on the internet and not call it mine?

It feels so good to be able to stretch my legs again, to have my own little home again. I hope you continue to read me here and at Clubmom because 2007 is going to bring some major writing-worthy material.

Not the least of which is that somehow - in some way - I WILL have a baby this year. There will be fear. There will be tears. And I'm so grateful that I'll have this private place (ha! I called the internet "private" - good one) to document all of it along the way.

So, welcome to my new/old little corner. Please come often. There's always plenty of bitching to go around. And Triscuits. With fancy cheeses.

9 comments:

Karianna said...

Coolness. I like the new pad.

jenfromboston said...

hey! be reading...

Bek said...

Love it... have followed you over and back...

As for the baby stuff..hang in there. If you decide the adoption route and have questions let me know. We did it twice..the first time we did everything wrong and the second time we did it mostly right!! I also have a sassy and sweet blonde bio daughter. Love your Savannah stories....

Happy 2007

Butrfly4404 said...

Yay, it worked!!! It WAS just my stupid computer (I'll blame the internet provider!)

Well, what I was going to say just isn't funny to me anymore.

So, yay for you and all...you know how I feel!

Lena said...

Bek - Hm, I see parallel lives? I'm sure you're doing it much better than I am. I'll be hounding you for tips I'm sure.

Virenda said...

Nice to see you've moved into your new "place". I'm excited for you Lena and I can't wait to read more of you....

Oh, and you know how much I love Triscuits and cheese. Albeit it's not fancy cheese, unless you consider string cheese fancy, in which case I stand corrected. Wait...what was I sayin' again?

chirky said...

Wheeee! Another site to add to my Blogroll. And Bloglines. Damnit, Lena. Now I sound like an addict.

(Welcome to your new little place on the net, anyhow. We love you.)

Bobealia... said...

YYYYYYYYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhooooooo!
Does this mean you love me again?

Kris said...

Shit I'm excited. Can I say that in a comment? Oh well.

Kick ass. Good for you. Multiple blogs AND IndieBlogging! WOOT!

Love it.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.