Pages

12.02.2006

I'm This Close To Buying Pictures of Other People's Dogs

My mom has Savannah this weekend and I am drunk with availability. I can do laundry. I can do shopping. I can do Bar Mitzvahs and weddings.

I can annoy the living hell out of my husband.

Actual conversation between Chris and I this morning:

"Chris come look at Dooce's new calendar. Chuck is SO yummy."

"Lena, I really can't. I'm trying to WORK."

"You think you're better than me?"

(sigh) "No, I don't. I just have a deadline that I..."

"What I am doing is very important. I am spending your money as you simultaneously make it. Right. Next. To. You. You see the synergy between us?"

"That's depressing."

"With every click of my mouse another dollar is spent. I am your motivation. The fire under your ass."

"I'd rather not look at it that way."

"Oh, look. I just bought shoes. Just while you were talking. See how quickly it happens?"

"FINE," *steps away from his desk and comes over*, "I will look at Dooce's calendar."

allieoop
"I'm willing to do a centerfold and it's like you don't even CARE."

8 comments:

Janet said...

You two are too cute. I think your synergy is captivating and addicting. Have fun with him...Your mom is too cool to take your daughter for the weekend! Go mom.

Jay said...

I am prepared to issue an ultimatum to all women: Stop spending money, OR stop taking years off of our lives. Thank you.

Andrea said...

Resist the temptation Lena! And I think your dog would make a great calendar. :)

Lisa Love said...

HE IS SO CAPTAVITING!

Mrs. Chicky said...

I had a similar conversation with my husband about that calendar, without the shoe extortion.

And my yellow lab would totally find your yellow lab hot and sexy and centerfold ready.

Jenny said...

Your dog is *totally* centerfold material.

Jen from Boston said...

Now, when you took the pciture of your dog, did you say, "Okahy buddy, give me Sexy!"

Amy H said...

"You think you're better than me?"

LMAO...Sometimes we annoy just to show how much we care, no?


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.