Pages

5.07.2006

Your Clarification, Should You Choose To Accept It

I've gotten quite a few emails from you guys asking what Club Mom is and how my writing for them affects my current blog here.

Here's further clarification.

Club Mom is an online community for moms to meet other moms with similar interests. You join, complete a profile, and then you can search for other moms based on what's important to you. Like for instance, for me I looked for other moms who like to drink Stoli from their water bottle during playgroup and then lie about it. I'm joking of course!

I never lie about it.

I did actually do some random searches, like for other moms with young daughters, moms who live in California, moms dealing with stress, etc. Then I added them all to my network to harrass for advice later. It's a pretty cool way to immediately connect with another mom. Sort of like online dating except without the part where your new "friend" is actually a 60-year-old man with a foot fetish who lives with his mom.

Club Mom also has advice columns, articles, and, now blogs, on every earthly subject written by...uh, moms. Enter me.

Anyway, the point of this post is to let you know that when my new site is launched Club Mom will be redirecting my traffic from this web address to the new one at their site. So, my address will stay the same. Do not remove me from your link list! All traffic will be redirected. Unless of course, you want to remove my link. Then in that case, knock yourself out. I probably don't like you anyway.

Hopefully, that clears up all the questions I've received regarding my vague description of what the hell was going on. So much for my attempt at being all mysterious and interesting.

Also, I've seen my new setup and I am relieved to see that they changed very little on my banner (Hear that sound? That's Kelly yelling "Damn right they did!"). My new blog looks very similar to this one. Just...smaller. Think Mini-Me.

The content, of course, will stay the same. My ulcer will not.

In other words, next week is the beginning of Writer's Block Fest 2006.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Comments

That's good that they're re-directing...heaven forbid I open my template page again.

Posted by: Freakren | 05/07/2006 at 09:09 PM

This post has been removed by the author.

Posted by: Freakren | 05/07/2006 at 09:09 PM

Awesome! Can't wait to see the new digs.

Posted by: Denise | 05/08/2006 at 03:52 AM

Glad to know I won't have to try to visit you in two places.And don't worry, I'm sure you'll do great.

Posted by: Heather | 05/08/2006 at 08:09 AM

LOL! I loved this part..."Unless of course, you want to remove my link. Then in that case, knock yourself out. I probably don't like you anyway."Amen!Listen, Lena... If I must follow you into a smaller space; I want my cookies, damn it! Oh, and pass the Stoli. *grin*Good luck with the WBF, I'll be rooting for ya! ;)

Posted by: ~ Stacy ~ | 05/08/2006 at 09:38 AM

I'm so excited for you! I think you'll do great, Lena. :)

Posted by: Lisa | 05/08/2006 at 09:57 AM

Great Post! Visit my site at www.lovetopickmynose.com.

Posted by: Chris | 05/08/2006 at 10:52 AM

Yay! Can't wait to read you on your new site.Good luck! You'll do just wonderful.

Posted by: Angela | 05/08/2006 at 11:15 AM

Yay! Can't wait to read you on your new site.Good luck! You'll do just wonderful.

Posted by: Angela | 05/08/2006 at 11:15 AM

Can't wait to see what it looks like Lena. Also I'm glad I it won't seem TOO different cause that would make me sad. S.A.D.Love ya!

Posted by: Virenda | 05/08/2006 at 11:21 AM

That is exciting! I am glad that someone finally has enlightened me as to how it's going to go down. I joined Club Mom but I was forced to lie. Seems they don't want us Canadians to infiltrate their system. But now the cats out of the bag, I expect I'll be getting the boot.

Posted by: something blue | 05/08/2006 at 12:12 PM

Writer's Block Fest. Hmm, I think I've been trapped there for weeks! Someone, please send help.I am 150% confident that you'll be great. But here's something I'm wondering: Can dog moms join the group? How about women with lots of houseplants? 'Cuz then I'm so in! :-)

Posted by: Jess Riley | 05/08/2006 at 01:02 PM

That's awesome. The redirecting thing looks like a great idea - and it will be so much easier than having to visit you in two places (I would have done it though)

Posted by: Undercover Angel | 05/08/2006 at 09:12 PM

Your new place is going to be awesome!Very happy for you Lena!

Posted by: Kelly | 05/09/2006 at 02:25 AM

Thanks for playing along. None of you must be only-children like me. You're all so...nice.

Posted by: Lena | 05/09/2006 at


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.