1. I actually throw up a little when I look at the cursor.
2. I keep preparing snacks.
3. I force the cat to wrestle with me.
4. I yell at Chris to keep it down as I hear his keyboard tapping away.
5. I actually start doing laundry.
6. I peruse other funnier blogs and mentally try to sap their energy. (You’re not doing that now are you?)
7. When the phone rings, I leap up and answer it “Yes I will!”
8. I desperately search my surroundings for blog worthy content. ‘Hmm, how can I make my bookshelf funny? Are those pillows holding a story? Would anyone find this amount of dust interesting?’
9. I call my four year old in and ask her to say something cute. To which she responds ‘You don’t pay me enough’.
10. I have a sudden urge to clean the oven. And under the fridge. When did we have ham? And then bake oatmeal bars while I’m there.
11. I call my mom and start an argument…just to have something to write about.
12. I run an anti-virus scan. Three times.
13. I end up at this website. WTF?
Thursday, March 09, 2006
13 Ways I Know I Have Writer's Block
Posted by Lena at 3/09/2006