Pages

3.12.2006

Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly - Did Anyone Else Watch "Cheers"?

Kelly the Nello is deeelightful y'all. Just as you would guess, she is warm, witty, beautiful, funny, and chatty. And her glass eye is totally not noticeable. Or her wooden leg.

She met myself and Vi at The Cheesecake Factory for lunch. It was pouring rain, so I should add that my hair sucked. Just so you can visualize. As soon as she arrived, Vi and I accosted her with conversation. Kelly can hold her own though as you can imagine.

It was so cool to actually chat with someone you love reading about. The best part is you aren't restricted to just what their post is about. We talked about our husbands, our kids, our blog traffic, our religious beliefs, our asses, our boobs, our families, our hometowns, breastfeeding, mommy clubs. Seriously. We ended spending about three hours together and one of those was in the parking garage because we didn't want to say goodbye. Commence to saying "ahhh, special".

The one thing I cannot to this moment understand is why we did not take a picture! Now I have no proof. I swear we met. Really! I think I may still have one of her hairs on my coat?



P.S. - I'm getting a strong "WTH? vibe from my title so let me fill you in: On "Cheers" Woody (Harrelson) the bartender was sort of dumb and he had this perfect blonde girlfriend named Kelly, whom he made a song for in one episode and every single word of the entire song was "Kelly". He played it at the piano for her and she loved it. You should Netflix the whole series really. Go now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Comments

Oh, I'm so jealous! Glad you had a nice time. Never been to a Cheesecake Factory, but have heard they have delicious offerings.

Posted by: Caryn | 03/12/2006 at 05:06 PM

That's rad!

Posted by: Kdubs | 03/12/2006 at 05:13 PM

It's really all about the club sandwich. It's the size of your head. Well, I don't really know the size of your head Caryn, but it's the size of mine. Which is how I like my food. Bigger than my face. :)

Posted by: Lena | 03/12/2006 at 05:14 PM

Seriously. That's the lunch I so wanted in on! Why oh why do I have to live on the other side of the country????

Posted by: Marcia | 03/12/2006 at 05:39 PM

I had such a blast and the cheesecake wasn't THAT great actually. The pizza was fantastical though. I think I might have kept her spoon for proof purposes. :0)

Posted by: Virenda | 03/12/2006 at 06:03 PM

Thanks Lena - I added you to my list too!I'm disappointed that you guys didn't take pics! I did want to see proof of you and Virenda (supposedly two separate people) with the infamous Nello. She would have provided the proof that you guys DO actually exist and are in fact NOT the same people. :0)

Posted by: Jessica | 03/12/2006 at 06:54 PM

That is so cool! Bloggers UNITE!! :)

Posted by: Lucinda | 03/12/2006 at 07:53 PM

Didn't I teach you anything about leaving the scene of crime? Please tell me you at least spent the full two hours in the shower with your loofa.

Posted by: Freakren | 03/12/2006 at 08:01 PM

Awwww...sweeeet! Since you didn't bring a camera, I'll can take an illustration instead. Of the sandwich. Not you guys. Sorry, I'm hungry. Jeeeluz me, K. :-)

Posted by: iKat | 03/12/2006 at 08:49 PM

It would be nice and fun to just talk about anything and everything.

Posted by: Ditsy Chick | 03/12/2006 at 09:10 PM

That sounds like fun - and no, I have to go get that episode of Cheers ( Loved that show but couldn't watch it often - I didn't have a TV while growing up!)

Posted by: Sam | 03/12/2006 at 11:18 PM

How cool! And I know the Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly song - we sing that sometimes! LOL It didn't go over my head. :)

Posted by: Lisa | 03/13/2006 at 05:28 AM

I LOVE CHEERS. I love the Kelly song.

Posted by: mama_tulip | 03/13/2006 at 10:47 AM

i'm so jealous. i miss me some kelly. AND the cheese cake factory: chicken madeira. ~sigh~glad you all had fun! I'm also jealous of kelly that she got to meet you 2. one of these days....

Posted by: Chatty Kathy | 03/13/2006 at 01:48 PM

How fun for you guys.....I'm totally jealous!! I actually kind of know Kelly.....we grew up in the same area and had some friends in common! What a small blogging world! No "WTH" here.....I have a friend Kelly that I constantly sing that to! (I know my dork-o-meter is totally going off, too!)

Posted by: Angela | 03/13/2006 at 02:06 PM

I am glad you had a great time. My daughter went through a phase where every single one of her dolls was called Kelly then her "invisible" friend was also called Kelly. Glad to know Nello is real and not just a pretend friend :)

Posted by: WendyWings | 03/13/2006 at 03:23 PM

my best friend is named Kelly and I annoy the hell out of her by singing that song...it's all good because she reminds me that she was in 4th grade when that episode aired!

Posted by: Laura | 03/13/2006 at 10:31 PM

I think I might've been in 4th grade when the Kelly episode aired too! I so wanted to be Kirstie Alley when I grew up. Now...not so much.Lunch really was so fun! I totally get the internet dating thing now! Because when you meet you already have a million things to talk about. Unless they're some sort of freak. There's always that possibility I hear.I'm happy to report that Kelly is both cute and kick ass!

Posted by: Lena | 03/13/2006 at 11:00 PM

I totally know the Kelly song. I sing it to my friend Kelly...just to annoy her!

Posted by: jen | 03/14/2006 at 09:19 AM

That's so cool. I would love to meet Kelly too as well as all my other friends in blogland!!

Posted by: Mama B | 03/14/2006 at 12:27 PM


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.