Pages

2.12.2006

I'm a Late Bloomer

I am atwitter with glee. I am the proud owner of this and let me tell you, I am a better person for it. I know all of you have had your espresso makers for years already and are yawning right now - I feel like the last girl in the group to get her period. But this is groundbreaking for me!

I hadn't wanted to invest in one because I kept giving up coffee. But, then I'd do tea, then chai, then chai latte, then I would actually start dreaming about coffee (who does this??), so then an occasional decaf latte followed aaaaaand now I'm back on the juice: grande nonfat mocha.

So, I shopped around - this is the

best website for reviews - and my cafe bistro (it's actually called that - don't you want to just hold it?) arrived last week. Since that time, my friends, I have been a foaming fool. I do peppermint mochas, I do vanilla lattes, I do chai lattes. I even did an iced mocha for Vi, which she loved and she is hard core (her site is called 'the green straw' for God's sake).

So, every morning is a delight now. Not only am I saving about $200 a month on not going to Starbucks, but I get to call out my name when I put my coffee on the counter. And that's just fun.

p.s.- By the way, the title of this post makes me laugh because I had DD's when I was 11. But, that's another post.

8 comments:

Chris said...

I still need socks...

Virenda said...

LOL! Love ya Lena, and LOVE your iced mochas. ;0)Um, you need to call out MY name next time, ~sigh~

WendyWings said...

I am happy you are happy. My husband really really wants a huge ass cafe style coffee machine, I keep saying NO :)

~Stacy~ said...

Hi Lena,I've taken Vi's advice and I'm drinking myself to sleep. Heh. Okay, so I've only twisted one top so far ... but the night is still ... um, night.Would you be so kind as to whip up one of those vanilla lattes for me, come morning? Oh, and can you make it icky-sticky sweet? That would be swell. :)

~Stacy~ said...

Late bloomerLOL! Yeah, I can relate. Although I wasn't a quite a double at 11, but darn close enough.

caryn said...

Love the progression back to coffee. I totally understand.You mentioned in a comment on my blog that you like to knit, but I don't see a link to the "You Knit WHAT?" site on here. Have you seen it? If not, I think you would find it hilarious. Check out http://youknitwhat.blogspot.com/.

Renee Cassara said...

At least your hair covered the d's. lol.OK, make sure you steal some pumpkin spice syrup for my visits.

Anonymous said...

Like your blog, keep up the good work.coffee makers


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.