Pages

2.08.2006

I'm Being Stalked

I have a confession to make. I hate laundry. Not just like, "Oh, I'd rather not put the clothes in the washer. What a bore." More like, "Can we just move?"

Laundry is my nemesis. It lurks around every corner. It leers at me from across the room. It grows and mutates and travels down the hallway. The problem is that I do not have a system. I've heard plenty of girlfriends refer to a day of the week as their "laundry day". What the heck? I swear to God, if I actually knowingly designate an entire day to doing nothing but laundry I will claw my eyes out. What kind of life is that? Where is the hope? What is worse than knowing Wednesday holds nothing more for you than retrieving underwear from inside pants? Please.

So, yesterday my naked husband is bent over the dryer and I ask (over my shoulder from the computer - where else would I be?) "What are you doing?". Folks, he is washing all of his underwear! He has dug out every single pair he owns and is climbing over the dirty clothes pile in the laundry room in order to have clean underwear. Especially his lucky red ones. (Which came in a tri-color pack -green, red, white. The green ones were done long ago...since that's his favorite color.)

So, I think 'How long has this been going on?' And then I state the obvious. "Hooooney! Don't be so dramatic. We can always buy more."

I anticipate my husband will be available shortly. Check back soon!

11 comments:

~Stacy~ said...

I am soooo glad that I didn't have anything to drink while reading this post. (grin)Heh.Yeah. Laundry. (chuckle) My kids are all old enough to do their own now, lucky me. Otherwise, I only do laundry when I have nothing left clean to wear.

Renee Cassara said...

Actually, my couch is covered in unfolded laundry right now giving Tony no were to sit & watch TV with me. So maybe it's not so bad. :)

Lena said...

That's the idea Nee. Keep the home fires a burnin!

chicmommy said...

I do two loads a day, two medium sized loads. Fold them the minute they come out of the dryer, I know you don't feel like it, but just take the basket of clothes, dump it on your bed, and fold while you watch some dumbass soap like Passions on TV. I do a load after breakfast, and drop the next load in after I put the first in the dryer so I'm done before lunch dinner.

Lena said...

Chic Mommy....(sigh) Where do I begin? You are assuming that I do not have 45 loads of laundry at ALL TIMES! Plus, did you notice that I forget about it entirely? And end up laying on the floor downstairs eating cookies?I need an intervention.

caryn said...

I hate to do laundry, too. And, like you, I don't know why. I've thought about a laundry day, but it keeps not happening somehow, probably because I wouldn't have a full load if I actually sorted everything correctly, and then I'd be doing laundry more often than I need to.

WendyWings said...

I hate laundry but I do it every single day except Sundays ( ok sometimes even on Sunday)I finally got my oldest doing his own but he has left home now and taken his laundry with him. How can you have 45 loads at any one time who has THAT many clothes LOL

Chris said...

Honey-I need some socks.

Lena said...

Oh Wendy. Didn't you see my #7 on my list of abnormal things? I really do have that many clothes.Okay everybody! You have shamed me. I will do laundry tomorrow! As a matter of fact, I will wash a load right now. Er, re-wash.

Sonia said...

aha! well im glad someone else has the same problem!! i find it impossible to do laundry i dont know why. well i do know why - in a sense - cos the clothes are all over the place -like you i dont have a system. And i've tried - but i keep failing! aargh. someone told me the key is to do it regularly..ha..prob with that is if i ever manage to do any then i feel so good i forget about it for AGES. then i'm back to square one. i hope this sounds familiar to someone!!

iKat said...

I have contemplated, analyzed, dissected, cursed, jumped on, spat at my own 45 loads of laundry at one time or another. Soon as I had it blissfully under control two weeks ago (remember the decluttering mania blitz I mentioned on my T13) it started doing this really loud, possessed noise with the shakes and I was screaming for a priest even before I knew what was going on! I think I finally killed it.Evil. Just plain evil.Ah, laundry & folding clothes, my life's crosses to bear.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.